How do I manually remove all backups and computers RRS feed

• Question

• I want my server to think it is a clean install without installing it again. (I have this running my tfs server too....) How do I remove all computers and backups?

I think my problems started when I got a new computer to replace mine. I renamed the old computer and then took the old computer name and used it for my new computer. The old computer was named kirk. I renamed it to Koby and then named my new computer Kirk.

The backup database is now corrupt. Here is one error I find.

Process WSSBackupRepair failed at d:\wssg_src\hsbs_colorado\backup\pc\util\sort.cpp(1223).

I uninstalled all computers but now want to remove the archived backups. I am prevented by removing the backups because it says I have to clear any backup alerts. The repair task does not help.

Monday, January 9, 2012 3:31 PM

All replies

• I want my server to think it is a clean install without installing it again. (I have this running my tfs server too....) How do I remove all computers and backups?

I think my problems started when I got a new computer to replace mine. I renamed the old computer and then took the old computer name and used it for my new computer. The old computer was named kirk. I renamed it to Koby and then named my new computer Kirk.

The backup database is now corrupt. Here is one error I find.

Process WSSBackupRepair failed at d:\wssg_src\hsbs_colorado\backup\pc\util\sort.cpp(1223).

I uninstalled all computers but now want to remove the archived backups. I am prevented by removing the backups because it says I have to clear any backup alerts. The repair task does not help.

From the dashboard: select Computers and Backup tab, then select Customize Backup for the computer,

you will be given the option to revise the backup and or delete.

• Proposed as answer by Garry Joerger Monday, January 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:57 PM
  • Hi KirkBrackebusch,

I recently deleted my entire Client Computer Backup database. While this made me very uneasy, I followed it up by running backups for all of my computers. The first one backup took forever, but I was surprised by how fast the next backups ran because they didn't have to back up the duplicate files. Here is a link to the document from Microsoft:

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/pt-pt/windowshomeserver2011/delete-client-backup-database-2.aspx

Regards,

TB

• Proposed as answer by TriviaBuff Monday, January 9, 2012 8:32 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 8:31 PM
  • This worked.  Thanks.

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:44 PM