none
WLW2011: Loss of tagging functionality for Blogger

Question

• Hi,

Since upgrading to WLW 2011 it appears I have lost some of the tagging functionality previously in the product. In the past I could choose tags for my post by checking some checkboxes available below my post content. Those tags would then appear at the bottom of my post, but would also be associated with the post. So if I tagged something "foo", I would see "Labels: foo" at the bottom of my post. Clicking on "foo" would then take me to all posts tagged "foo", including that post.

Now I can choose tags via the ribbon and have various providers render them. However, there is no provider for Blogger. I tried adding a custom provider and was able to render the tags at the bottom of my post. But I could not figure out how to actually associate the tags with my post. In other words, if I tag something "foo", I see "Labels: foo" at the bottom of my post. However, if I click on "foo" then it shows only those posts that were tagged "foo" with previous versions of WLW.

I couldn't find a plugin that enables this functionality again, but maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:32 AM