Excluding folders - cannot drill down RRS feed

• Question

• When selecting folder to exclude, a  list of drives appears with a + next too them, clicking on the + should expand  the try but does not,  or only some  of the drives cant get expanded. In order to  select the folders I had to go to configure several times, until eventually I was apple  to expand the tree and select  the  folders.

I had this problem a couple of months ago, and ignored it,  but the same things happened today.

I don't change the exclude folders that often, this is maybe the 3rd time in 2 years, but it is a  strange  behavior
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    I recommend to register at Microsoft Connect, as outlined in the locked postings on top of this forum and issue a bug report.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Bob_Rad Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:38 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:19 AM
  • What version of Windows Home Server are you running? You can determine this by looking at the Settings tab, resources pane. You will see version numbers listed for all Windows Home Server components.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Bob_Rad Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:33 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:23 PM
  • I missed the number. My bad.

You still have the beta version of Power Pack 1 installed. Please see this FAQ for instructions.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:10 PM
  • Seems you have still installed a prerelease version of Power Pack 1. This needs to be uninstalled (manually from control panel) and after that run updates via console as long, as you get still any offered after aech reboot.

Olaf

All replies

• Hi,
    I recommend to register at Microsoft Connect, as outlined in the locked postings on top of this forum and issue a bug report.
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Bob_Rad Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:38 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:19 AM
  • Ok, thank you
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:38 PM
  • What version of Windows Home Server are you running? You can determine this by looking at the Settings tab, resources pane. You will see version numbers listed for all Windows Home Server components.

• Marked as answer by Bob_Rad Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:33 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:23 PM
  • WHS with Power Pack 1

Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:34 PM
  • Please update your server. You can do this by clicking the Update Now... button in the console, Settings tab. Do this until no more updates are avaialble. Note that there are a couple of updates that have a EULA or other interface that the user must click through; these will halt the update process until you've accepted the changes. Also note that one of these is Internet Explorer 8...
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:37 PM
  • I get a message

---------------------------
    Windows Home Server updates installation can not complete. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please restart the server.
    ---------------------------

Restarting does not help

Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Can you please check and see exactly what the verison numbers are for the windows Home Server components, as I previously asked?
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:15 PM
  • I thought the number I posted above  - 6.0.1771.0 - was the version number
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:49 PM
  • I missed the number. My bad.

You still have the beta version of Power Pack 1 installed. Please see this FAQ for instructions.

• Seems you have still installed a prerelease version of Power Pack 1. This needs to be uninstalled (manually from control panel) and after that run updates via console as long, as you get still any offered after aech reboot.

Olaf
  • I think it may be solved  but it took several hours of hacking around.

First I could not use Remote Desktop Connection becuase my Start program Acessories had disappeared and had had to do a repair

U uninstalled, after which WHS became very unstable  - and shutting off every few minutes, WHS console would also sometimes just lock up

I could not get it to install any update because it had no internet access - I eventually solved that by adding  DNS entries in WHS,  even though my router should have been providing them.

At some point it suddenly started installing the updates, of which there were 42

I still need to  play for a couple of days to see what happens.

Friday, September 4, 2009 6:40 AM
  • After installing the first wave of updates more will come (although not all for WHS, many also for Windows Server 2003 or IE).
    Your final version should be 2030.x
    Olaf

Friday, September 4, 2009 6:44 AM
  • It has updated to 6.0.2030.x

But for the last 3days it keeps displaying a red warning under Health
    HP Media Smart Server Updates Available

Every so often I get  a message

Launch the Media Smart Server Console to install these update

Pressing Update Now  - "There are no updates ..."

Monday, September 7, 2009 4:35 PM
  • It has updated to 6.0.2030.x

But for the last 3days it keeps displaying a red warning under Health
    HP Media Smart Server Updates Available

Every so often I get  a message

Launch the Media Smart Server Console to install these update

Pressing Update Now  - "There are no updates ..."

There might be HP MSS specific updates (which are separate from the critical updates that come from Microsoft).
    Monday, September 7, 2009 6:20 PM