MS Money 3.0 Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using MS Money 3.0 since 1994.  On Windows 7, it did not work at first, but finally found a way; upgraded to Professional and now using XP Mode.  However, I encounter errors very often (with a message saying a breach of security or something in MSMONEY.EXE), which had occasionally happened before, and it is almost unusable.  I suspect that there could have been some damage in the program from the use over many years.  I guess it would be difficult for me to repair the program, so would it be possible for me to obtain/download the program file of MS Money 3.0?  Thank you.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:07 PM

All replies

• I have some ideas, but I don't know about using the older versions.

Is that 64-bit Windows 7? I would expect a higher chance of success using 32-bit Windows 7.

You may be able to open your old file with Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. I don't know if it would work, but it could be worth a try. Pay attention during the install if you don't want Sunset to try to uninstall the older version.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Thank you very much.  I tied the Sunset, but it still does not work.  Meanwhile, the error message mentions 0059:0504 in the module MSMONEY.EXE.  I would think a "clean" copy of MS Money 3.0 would be the best solution, but if this error could be fixed, that would also be great.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:02 PM
  • When I suggested trying Money Plus Deluxe Sunset, I was presuming you were in North America. That may have been a bad presumption.

You did not say if you were running 64-bit Windows.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:47 PM