Getting asked to renew. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Getting asked to renew, so my status is "Fair". Is this for the normal or beta account?  When i try to renew it asks me for a pre paid card number which doesn't make sense since my credit card is in the system.
    Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:47 PM

Answers

• If you are being asked to renew the beta, it is likely because you activated with an existing LiveID that was used for the 1.5 beta late last year. Uninstall 2.0 and reinstall without activating. Or, your PC date and time are incorrect. The reason it asks for a PIN to renew is that there is no credit card/billing for the beta. That would be for production only. The only reason to activate 2.0 now is if you have been sent a PIN and have been asked to test the activation process.

-steve

Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:03 PM

All replies

• If you are being asked to renew the beta, it is likely because you activated with an existing LiveID that was used for the 1.5 beta late last year. Uninstall 2.0 and reinstall without activating. Or, your PC date and time are incorrect. The reason it asks for a PIN to renew is that there is no credit card/billing for the beta. That would be for production only. The only reason to activate 2.0 now is if you have been sent a PIN and have been asked to test the activation process.

-steve

Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Steve,

Thanks for your replay.  I have participated in both 1.5 and 2.0 betas.  My data and time are correct on my computer.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and after a day it is still asking for me to activate it.  Should i just go back to the current production version?

Regards,

John

Sunday, October 21, 2007 10:21 PM
  • Did you activate 2.0 with the LiveID you used to test 1.5 and did you have a key for that test?

At this point, I would say leave it nagging you to activate or uninstall, use the cleanup tool and try another 2.0 install to see if it behaves. Rumor has it that 2.0 will be available for everyone in a month or so. You'll need to uninstall the beta at that time, so you can always go back to 1.6 early.

-steve

Monday, October 22, 2007 2:02 AM
  • I am in teh same boat here.  Was also in the 1.5 beta and 2.0 now.  Where can I get the clean-up tool?

--Ian

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:55 PM
  •  ilindsay wrote:

I am in teh same boat here.  Was also in the 1.5 beta and 2.0 now.  Where can I get the clean-up tool?

--Ian

The cleanup tool is here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:27 AM