Is there a way to get Windows to ignore the manual WindowStartupLocation I'm using for a particular window? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using WindowStartupLocation.Manual to open a window on my app and I wonder if there is a way to tell Windows to ignore that location and do not open the next window after this one (where it is not mentioned a specific location for it) following my window's location..

"Setting the WindowStartupLocation property to Manual causes a window to be positioned according to its Left and Top property values. If either the Left or Top properties aren't specified, their values are determined by Windows."

The thing is, I'm adding a new window to a legacy application.. I open it on a very specific location.. but after that, some of the other windows of that same application are opened at a location based on the location I gave to the new window.. I guess that it is due to the fact that some of the other windows does not have a specify location assigned to them..
    Monday, May 11, 2020 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi KarmelC,
    Is your application WPF? If so, I suggest you ask the questions in Microsoft Q&A forum and you can get more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:36 AM
  • It is.. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 8:50 AM