What is ur download manager RRS feed

• Question

• what is the download manger you are using? Is it in built ie/firefox or some other and what features we require in the Download manager?
    Monday, May 7, 2007 10:28 AM

Answers

•  yaar sarath,

as per my little knowledge, i only few things about download manager which u asked.

Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured download accelerator and manager. It is absolutely free! Using this software product you can easily download a list of files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never before!

FDM is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use application. Also this software product is well-known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface. FDM can function as a site manager, accelerator, site explorer and scheduler.

FDM can resume broken downloads. So you needn't start the downloading process from the very beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted. Also this program warns you if resuming isn't supported by the servers. It allows you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.

FDM is an indispensable tool for download acceleration. It splits files into several sections and then downloads them simultaneously allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%.

This software application can be used in automatic mode. You can schedule the following operations: set or hang up the Internet connection, exit from the program and shutdown the computer. All the operations mentioned above can be set at the specified time.

FDM allows adjusting traffic usage. So it provides you with an opportunity to browse web pages much faster if you use a low connection speed.

Monday, May 7, 2007 12:01 PM

All replies

•  yaar sarath,

as per my little knowledge, i only few things about download manager which u asked.

Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured download accelerator and manager. It is absolutely free! Using this software product you can easily download a list of files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never before!

FDM is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use application. Also this software product is well-known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface. FDM can function as a site manager, accelerator, site explorer and scheduler.

FDM can resume broken downloads. So you needn't start the downloading process from the very beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted. Also this program warns you if resuming isn't supported by the servers. It allows you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.

FDM is an indispensable tool for download acceleration. It splits files into several sections and then downloads them simultaneously allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%.

This software application can be used in automatic mode. You can schedule the following operations: set or hang up the Internet connection, exit from the program and shutdown the computer. All the operations mentioned above can be set at the specified time.

FDM allows adjusting traffic usage. So it provides you with an opportunity to browse web pages much faster if you use a low connection speed.

Monday, May 7, 2007 12:01 PM
  • I use
     DAP(download accelerator plus)
    Internet download manager
    Get right download manager
    Download Express

For more info and comarision on download managers see this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_download_managers

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 12:05 PM
  • hi

FDM Free Download Manager is the best downloading manager introduced by MS..

I am using only for MS Softwares and OS downloding...

For others utilities I am using Net Transport....downloader...

So as per my suggestion FDM is the best choice...

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 1:13 PM
  • Why u use this many softwares? and all of them proprietary? use FDM/flashget like free softwares available.
        as well my question is what are the features we require in download managers?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:27 PM
  •  Raman_Katwal_efb554 wrote:

hi

FDM Free Download Manager is the best downloading manager introduced by MS..

I am using only for MS Softwares and OS downloding...

For others utilities I am using Net Transport....downloader...

So as per my suggestion FDM is the best choice...

FDM is from MS? I don't think so. and I am using FDM from long time. actually my question is what are the features required by us students in a download manager? and does we need download manager in built in a browser?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:32 PM
  • Can u provide me the link for downloading the Free download Manager ?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:21 PM
  • DAP for me
    Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:50 PM
  • I am Using DAP..
    We also get lots of Free s/w in that DAP website ...

Regards
    MoHaN
    Friday, May 18, 2007 9:32 AM
  • i use dap.
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:19 AM
  • Getright.
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 5:56 PM
  • FDM(Free download manager)
    Monday, May 21, 2007 1:38 AM
  • yaar Raghuram,

u asked for a link naa????

u can try downloads.com or softpedia.com for a free DM's . it could be worth useful for acclerating net speed.

Bye

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:13 PM