Can't Change Authentication Credentials RRS feed

• Question

•  

I installed OneCare on a new laptop.  I accidently entered an incorrect email address (right password).  Authentication failed and I was prompted to purchase a subscription.  discovering that my error was that I had entered the wrong email addresss, I restarted the authentication process but CANNOT change the self-populating email address.  The developers apparently decided to lock me into my incorrect answers.  So... I guess this means I have to either locate and modify the registry key associated with this or uninstall and then re-install the application?  If the later, will I still need to modify or delete the registry key?  GREAT JOB GUYS!  AND, this is all after the update a few days ago caused major issues with my first machine.  This is why we choose other options for protection.  What is the fix?
    Friday, January 11, 2008 9:34 PM

Answers

•  

Unfortunately, you encountered a bug that exists in 2.0 that was introduced because OneCare 2 uses the LiveID in trial mode for Circle functionality. The bug being that you can't change this LiveID when you need to subscribe with a different one. The only solution at this time is to uninstall and reinstall OneCare.

-steve

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:38 AM