Backup fails: Insufficient storage available for backup RRS feed

• Question

• This always happend if I trying to include the System Reserved (100 MB) Partion. It seems to be a Issue with the VSS because I have a (timly) related error with code 8194 (Access denied).

Is there a workaround to get rid of this?
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:45 PM

Answers

• I fixed it with taking ownership of all the files in the "System Reserved drive".

Rebooting (Server + Client) doesn't help.
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 5:09 PM

All replies

• I had seen that error on occasion with the last beta version, but not with the RC.  In those cases, I found that rebooting the server cleared it up.  In my case, I only back up the system reserved and C: drive.  My backup disk had >200GB free when the errors occurred.
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:05 PM
  • I fixed it with taking ownership of all the files in the "System Reserved drive".

Rebooting (Server + Client) doesn't help.
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 5:09 PM
  • I am encountering this same issue with the RTM version.  I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit workstation, and the backup always fails if I include the SRD volume.  I tried changing ownership of that volume and all files to my user and administrators, neither seemed to make a difference, any chance you can give some more insight into what you did (pending you ever look at this forum again).
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

assaign a drive letter to the "System reserved drive" (computer management, disk management) 
    Take ownershop of all files in this drive and remove the driveletter, and reboot.
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:40 PM