Company Laptop Fails WGA in Thailand RRS feed

• Question

• My friend is using one of my company computers with a Genuine Copy of Windows 7 Enterprise in Chiang Dao, Thailand.

Yesterday a WGA notification came up saying that it was not a valid copy of Windows 7....and he has 30 days etc.

I will be in Thailand in 19 days for 6 months, with my laptop, will this happen to my work laptop and how do we fix the laptop that is already there as a part of my company L.A.N. Computer Solutions, Campbell River, BC.

This is genuine software, what is the fix. This is important, phone to activation center is down in Thailand.

Lorne L. Reap
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:01 AM

Answers

• No further reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:10 AM

All replies

• "locolorenzo" wrote in message news:4b55201e-a407-48d3-a1a0-7e9e29c7be3e...

My friend is using one of my company computers with a Genuine Copy of Windows 7 Enterprise in Chiang Dao, Thailand.

Yesterday a WGA notification came up saying that it was not a valid copy of Windows 7....and he has 30 days etc.

I will be in Thailand in 19 days for 6 months, with my laptop, will this happen to my work laptop and how do we fix the laptop that is already there as a part of my company L.A.N. Computer Solutions, Campbell River, BC.

This is genuine software, what is the fix. This is important, phone to activation center is down in Thailand.

Lorne L. Reap

your friend’s problem likely originates from one of two problems
    1) Your Enterprise Key is Geo-blocked to a particular region of the world which doesn’t include Thailand – check with your System Admin and/or MS sales rep
    2) your friend’s computer has a problem unassociated with the Enterprise Key, such as malware.
    To fix the current laptop, please provide an MGADiag report and we’ll take a look

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:21 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by locolorenzo Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:30 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:21 PM
  • I am original poster and it is not resolved, please read do not assume other partners do not know as much as you!
    Lorne L. Reap
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:52 AM
  • In that case, please respond to my earlier post - that is the only way the issue can be resolved.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:06 AM
  • Noel, I am not yet in Thailand to resolve the problem, how can I respond if I have not yet looked?
    Lorne L. Reap
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:20 PM
  • "locolorenzo" wrote in message news:108b20c7-ec47-4119-a1c4-76335384a729...
    Noel, I am not yet in Thailand to resolve the problem, how can I respond if I have not yet looked?
    Lorne L. Reap

Why not get them to run the tool and email you the results – then post them here?

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:31 PM
  • We can not answer any of your questions till we know the cause of the issue and to do that we need to see a Diagnostic Report from the affected PC.

This website should be available in Thailand.

So, if you are unable to have the user email you the text output from the Diagnostic Tool, have the user come to this thread and follow the directions him/herself.  In fact that would be the easiest course of action instead of going through you as a proxies.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:01 PM
  • Thank you Darin, I will be in Chiang Mai on 1st of Nov. I will run tool at that time.

Lorne L. Reap
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:11 PM
  • Enjoy your trip (I'm envious, I love Thailand)

I will keep this thread open till we hear from you again in November.

NOTE: I don't foresee this happening, but just in case, If for some reason you post to this thread in Nov. and no one answers, it may be that the thread has fallen off our radar.  The best thing to do, at that point, would be to just create a new thread and add a link back to this thread (so we can refresh our memory). The new thread will pop to the top of my list and will get our attention.

Thank you,

Darin MS

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:25 PM
  • No further reply from the Original Poster.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:10 AM