WHS Server Backup Error related to Shadow Copy RRS feed

• Question

• Guys, bought a 2TB WD Mybook for server backup and right off the bat have run into this:

"The backup operation that started at '‎2012‎-‎06‎-‎22T09:00:53.935599100Z' has failed with following error code '2155348020' (Windows Backup failed to create the shadow copy on the storage location.). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved."

This is the D drive that WHS creates out of the box. The only thing I did was move off the SERVER FOLDERS to my RAID drive. The only thing that is on it appears to be the CLIENT backups (which I think are pretty important to backup!!)

I also noticed this error popping up too in the Event Log:

"The shadow copies of volume D: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit."

Not sure what this means at this point. Anyone have any idea why this occurs?

On another note, I bought the 2TB drive FORGETING that it won't work on my 2.5 RAID drive so. Is this overkill for the server backup? I was reading about synctool and was wondering if I should use the 2TB for data (which there is only about 1TB) and buy a smaller one for the Server backups.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

• Edited by rdmsys Friday, June 22, 2012 9:02 PM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

All replies