Problem with restore of client PC RRS feed

• Question

• One of my client PC's ran into a problem. I connected an USB stick and Win XP told me to restart to use the newly added hardware. I did but the PC came never back to live again. In the starting procedure I could see the progression bar and after that the PC started again. It is not possible to start in restricted mode. The same effect, the PC restarts again and again.

So I tried to restore from my backup on the WHS. Everything works fine and the restore procedure says that the restore was succesfull, I shall press "Finish restore" and wait for the restart of the PC.

After pressing "Finish" an empty (colorful) screen remains but the PC does not restart. I powered it down manually and tried to restart and the same problem as before occured. The backup was created before the error occured.

Is it possible that the restart after the restore takes longer than about 5 minutes? Have I been to impatient and corrupted the restore?

Flenser

Monday, April 2, 2007 1:11 PM

Answers

• Sound like your OS choked on the USB driver for some reason.  Now that you have attempted a recovery and still have the same problem, have you removed the USB stick that caused the initial problem?  If not, try removing it and restarting.  If you did remove it before attempting recovery, try the recovery again.

pete

Monday, April 2, 2007 1:48 PM