after Win10 Anniversary Update, WHS Home Server homegroup not showing RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Windows 10 clients of my WHS 2011 server, all are in a Homegroup.

Until I installed the Anniversary Update on the first Win 10 machine, both would show the Home Server "user" as a Homegroup member in File Explorer. After installing the update on one of the two clients, it no longer shows the Home Server user in the Homegroup. The other Win 10 client, current with maintenance but not yet updated to Anniversary Update, still shows the Home Server user and its shares as expected. The Win 10 machines continue to see each other's shared user content as expected.

Anybody else seeing (or not seeing) this? Any thoughts on workarounds?

• Edited by Dick Watson Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:03 AM note that Win 10 machines see each other as expected
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:00 AM

Answers

• This is what I'm talking about. For who knows what reason, it showed up about six hours after I first started trying to figure out where it went. So the issue i was posting about is solved, it not explained or understood. It's stuff like this that makes so many users so happy to use Windows.

Friday, August 5, 2016 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>both would show the Home Server "user" as a Homegroup member in File Explorer.
    I am not sure where is the configuration you mentioned.

Please provide detail description, or, related screenshot if possible. If there is no permission to upload the picture within reply, you may use OneDrive(https://onedrive.live.com/) and provide the shared link. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 5, 2016 1:53 AM
  • This is what I'm talking about. For who knows what reason, it showed up about six hours after I first started trying to figure out where it went. So the issue i was posting about is solved, it not explained or understood. It's stuff like this that makes so many users so happy to use Windows.

Friday, August 5, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to have a update about this thread and share the details. 

It seems that the updated Windows 10 has spent a “long time” to re-find the Home Server user in the Homegroup.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 6, 2016 8:46 AM