Is ICE still being Developed? RRS feed

• Question

• Is the ICE product still being developed? I know its now 3 years since 1.4.4 was released 2011? while the program works great, I was wondering if there were any updates?
    Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:20 PM

Answers

• Actually, we are currently working on an update to ICE.  We don't yet know when it will be ready, but we will let you know via this forum, on the ICE web page, and through ICE's built-in check for updates.

Eric Stollnitz, Interactive Visual Media Group, Microsoft Research

Friday, May 16, 2014 7:00 PM

All replies

• Apparently not! Even though it was ahead of its time...Nice job with something cool Microsoft just to let it linger and fade...

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:57 AM
  • Actually, we are currently working on an update to ICE.  We don't yet know when it will be ready, but we will let you know via this forum, on the ICE web page, and through ICE's built-in check for updates.

Friday, May 16, 2014 7:00 PM
  • There will be a version for Windows 8 RT? Im using a windows surface while travelling and would like to stick my panoramic pictures direct from tablet.

thanks

Cassiano Diniz

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Sorry, but we are not developing ICE for Windows RT, for several reasons:

• ICE is a desktop application, and Windows RT cannot run desktop applications.
    • If we did develop a Windows RT version of ICE, it would only be able to stitch panoramas while you're looking at the app.  As soon as you switch to another app, ICE would stop stitching because background processing is not allowed on Windows RT (to preserve battery life).
    • Developing a Windows RT version of ICE would take time away from other cool research we're doing.

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:10 PM