I have activation Probs too error code 0x800402c9 RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried almost every trick in the book but I can't seem to activate windows in the right way.   It says it's already activated but I can't install Media player ... etc.  ...

WHen I run the proggy for registering the key (available for download on the genuine pages) it says I don't have enough memory on my harddisk... Wich is absolutely not the case (123 GB left)   error code 0x800402c9

My diagnostics Report reads the following:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):

-----------------------------------------

WGA Data-->

Validation Status: Blocked VLK

Detailed Status: N/A

Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-JMMDC-YKXD8-YJG8V

Windows Product Key Hash: jPmsnwyHeBnXcI8EdXzC87zZRY4=

Windows Product ID: 55274-647-3419666-23760

Windows Product ID Type: 1

CSVLK Server: N/A

CSVLK PID: N/A

Windows License Type: Volume

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro

ID: {9F01FF5B-42F2-44E0-BBB2-A01271008035}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A

WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Product Name: N/A

Architecture: N/A

Build lab: N/A

TTS Error: N/A

Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1

Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A

File Exists: No

Version: N/A

WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2

OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2993-80070002_025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)

Default Browser: E:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{9F01FF5B-42F2-44E0-BBB2-A01271008035}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YJG8V</PKey><PID>55274-647-3419666-23760</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1220945662-1682526488-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>INTELR</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20020418000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>36D230270184206E</HWID><UserLCID>0813</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Romance Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57360</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Sunday, September 16, 2007 11:08 AM

Answers

• Uzilara,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information. Diagnostic results help our team in determining the root cause of your issue. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you:

WGA Data-->

OGA Data-->

We are sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is and why you are not passing validation. Unfortunately, the product key used to install both your operating system and Office Suite is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VLK editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VLK editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

If you want to keep Windows XP Pro and Office installed on the computer, then your best option is to participate in the Genuine Windows and Office Offer.  You will be emailed a Product Key that can be used immediately to "genuine-ize" your currently non- genuine installation of XP Pro and Office, and then about 2-3 weeks later you will receive a genuine Microsoft Windows XP Pro full retail CD and CoA, which you can use to do a clean installation (recommended).

lso please review the Validation Advisor for further guidance at:

https://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/ValidationHelp.aspx

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs. We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. We have a 3rd party registered Cryptography lab who evaluates EVERY (really!) submission for the High-Quality Counterfeit replacement program - as they have a pre-determined subset of items they look for.

Again, we are sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you Uzilara,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Monday, September 17, 2007 10:23 PM
  • Uzilara,

First I apologize but I don't read nor understand German. Now I understand what you are saying. The key provided to you doesn't work. Are you still receiving the same problem as when the problem began? Have you received the WGA Kit through the mail yet? It appears the non-genuine installation you currently have is corrupt. In turn I would recommend backing up all your files and re-installing windows using the genuine Windows software which you will receive through the mail.  Please post back if you have any problems.

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:35 PM

All replies

• Uzilara,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information. Diagnostic results help our team in determining the root cause of your issue. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you:

WGA Data-->

OGA Data-->

We are sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is and why you are not passing validation. Unfortunately, the product key used to install both your operating system and Office Suite is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VLK editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VLK editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

If you want to keep Windows XP Pro and Office installed on the computer, then your best option is to participate in the Genuine Windows and Office Offer.  You will be emailed a Product Key that can be used immediately to "genuine-ize" your currently non- genuine installation of XP Pro and Office, and then about 2-3 weeks later you will receive a genuine Microsoft Windows XP Pro full retail CD and CoA, which you can use to do a clean installation (recommended).

lso please review the Validation Advisor for further guidance at:

https://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/ValidationHelp.aspx

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs. We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. We have a 3rd party registered Cryptography lab who evaluates EVERY (really!) submission for the High-Quality Counterfeit replacement program - as they have a pre-determined subset of items they look for.

Again, we are sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you Uzilara,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Monday, September 17, 2007 10:23 PM
  • Thanks for your reply...  But I already bought a new key and received it via E-mail... It is that key that I can't validate.  The program I should use to install./ validate the new legally bought key gives me the error mentioned before...    This way I still can't  install (a proper) media player, I don't get updates, etc...  My question was: How can I activate this new legally bought key ?

Kind regards,

Uzilara
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:13 PM
  • Uzilara,

I noticed you are using Firefox as your web browser. Please use Internet Explorer temporarily and try to validate the new Key. Where did you purchase the new key from which you are mentioning? 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:07 PM
  • What on earth has my browser to do with the key-activating-program (KeyUpdateTool_dut.exe) that's gives the error as stated above and says that there is not enough space on my harddisk (which there certainly is ...more then 130 GB).

I bought my new key via the genuine pages...  See this copy/paste of my confirmation mail:

Bewaar deze e-mail voor uw records.

Microsoft heeft uw bestelling ontvangen en uw bestelling is nu verzonden.

In overeenstemming met uw bestelling treft u hier uw productcode aan. Deze code bestaat uit 25 tekens. TENZIJ LOKALE WETTEN ANDERS VOORSCHRIJVEN, KUNT U NA ACTIVATIE DE PRODUCTCODE NIET MEER ANNULEREN OF UW GELD TERUG VRAGEN.

Druk ter referentie een kopie van deze productcode af. Als u in de toekomst productondersteuning voor Windows aanvraagt, zal naar deze productcode worden gevraagd.

Om met behulp van de productcode de valse versie van Windows XP om te zetten in een echte versie, moet u de Windows Product Key Update Tool downloaden en uitvoeren op dezelfde computer die u hebt gebruikt om de elektronische licentie van Windows XP aan te schaffen. Ga naar http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=45668 om de Windows Product Key Update Tool te downloaden. De Windows Product Key Update Tool zal u tijdens het conversieproces begeleiden en zal uw valse versie van Windows XP omzetten naar een echte versie.

Alle actieve artikelen in uw bestelling van Microsoft-producten zijn verzonden.

Bestelling voor: Windows Genuine Advantage

Bestellingnummer: 01240016229523

Bestellingdatum: September 13, 2007

Productcode: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Bezorgadres:

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Belgium

Factuur aan:

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Belgium

Totaal: 141.51 EUR

(EUR = Euro)

De product key staat ook op de rekening die met het product wordt meegeleverd. Houdt u alstublieft rekening met een levertijd van 28 werkdagen.

Beantwoord deze e-mail niet. Dit bericht is verzonden door een geautomatiseerd systeem. Antwoorden op dit e-mailbericht worden niet gecontroleerd. Neem contact op via de onderstaande methoden voor hulp.

Ga naar de website Internet klantenservice van Microsoft voor een compleet overzicht van de status van uw bestellingen.

https://ics.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/WGAEMEA537/nl-nl/ics/Order_Status.asp?OrderID=99A92553-DE3E-4993-8CE8-1069CB19DD8A&Locale=nl-nl

U kunt ook contact opnemen met de klantenservice van Microsoft via direct-mar@msdirectservices.com

Bedankt,

Microsoft

Wij adviseren u de Microsoft-software bij te werken zodat uw computer beter beschermd is tegen virussen en andere veiligheidsrisico's. Ga naar http://www.microsoft.com/protect voor meer details.

Please tell me now how I can change the bad blocked key by this new legal one I bought (I covered the key so not everyone here can read it).    And please don't tell me now to execute the activation program available on the site because it is that program that causes the error as stated in the titel of this post... (KeyUpdateTool_dut.exe).

Why won't this Windows Product Key Update Tool not work for me, that was my question...

Uzilara

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:15 PM
  • What on earth has my browser to do with the key-activating-program (KeyUpdateTool_dut.exe) that's gives the error as stated above and says that there is not enough space on my harddisk (which there certainly is ...more then 130 GB).

I bought my new key via the genuine pages...  See this copy/paste of my confirmation mail:

Bewaar deze e-mail voor uw records.

Microsoft heeft uw bestelling ontvangen en uw bestelling is nu verzonden.

In overeenstemming met uw bestelling treft u hier uw productcode aan. Deze code bestaat uit 25 tekens. TENZIJ LOKALE WETTEN ANDERS VOORSCHRIJVEN, KUNT U NA ACTIVATIE DE PRODUCTCODE NIET MEER ANNULEREN OF UW GELD TERUG VRAGEN.

Druk ter referentie een kopie van deze productcode af. Als u in de toekomst productondersteuning voor Windows aanvraagt, zal naar deze productcode worden gevraagd.

Om met behulp van de productcode de valse versie van Windows XP om te zetten in een echte versie, moet u de Windows Product Key Update Tool downloaden en uitvoeren op dezelfde computer die u hebt gebruikt om de elektronische licentie van Windows XP aan te schaffen. Ga naar http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=45668 om de Windows Product Key Update Tool te downloaden. De Windows Product Key Update Tool zal u tijdens het conversieproces begeleiden en zal uw valse versie van Windows XP omzetten naar een echte versie.

Alle actieve artikelen in uw bestelling van Microsoft-producten zijn verzonden.

Bestelling voor: Windows Genuine Advantage

Bestellingnummer: 01240016229523

Bestellingdatum: September 13, 2007

Productcode: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Bezorgadres:

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Belgium

Factuur aan:

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Belgium

Totaal: 141.51 EUR

(EUR = Euro)

De product key staat ook op de rekening die met het product wordt meegeleverd. Houdt u alstublieft rekening met een levertijd van 28 werkdagen.

Beantwoord deze e-mail niet. Dit bericht is verzonden door een geautomatiseerd systeem. Antwoorden op dit e-mailbericht worden niet gecontroleerd. Neem contact op via de onderstaande methoden voor hulp.

Ga naar de website Internet klantenservice van Microsoft voor een compleet overzicht van de status van uw bestellingen.

https://ics.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/WGAEMEA537/nl-nl/ics/Order_Status.asp?OrderID=99A92553-DE3E-4993-8CE8-1069CB19DD8A&Locale=nl-nl

U kunt ook contact opnemen met de klantenservice van Microsoft via direct-mar@msdirectservices.com

Bedankt,

Microsoft

Wij adviseren u de Microsoft-software bij te werken zodat uw computer beter beschermd is tegen virussen en andere veiligheidsrisico's. Ga naar http://www.microsoft.com/protect voor meer details.

Please tell me now how I can change the bad blocked key by this new legal one I bought (I covered the key so not everyone here can read it).    And please don't tell me now to execute the activation program available on the site because it is that program that causes the error as stated in the titel of this post... (KeyUpdateTool_dut.exe).

Why won't this Windows Product Key Update Tool not work for me, that was my question...

Uzilara

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:15 PM
  • Uzilara,

First I apologize but I don't read nor understand German. Now I understand what you are saying. The key provided to you doesn't work. Are you still receiving the same problem as when the problem began? Have you received the WGA Kit through the mail yet? It appears the non-genuine installation you currently have is corrupt. In turn I would recommend backing up all your files and re-installing windows using the genuine Windows software which you will receive through the mail.  Please post back if you have any problems.

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:35 PM