Assigning Cases to Order Products in MSCRM4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Typically we deliver a number of orders over time from a customer, then when cases occur you could look for the contract and then find the particular contract line for that fault/case. However this is potentially very time consuming if the person filling in the case needs to check 5 or more contracts before finding the right contract line to assign the case too.
    (FYI - Were using a contract template that gives limitless support whilst in contract - but this is unrelated to the issue)

I'd like to assign the case to an Order Product (existing or write in) to more easily/quickly reference the service of interest BUT i can't create this mapping - One Order product to N cases.
    Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this type of requirement?

I'm guessing i could make a custom entity to point across between them, but seems like a lot of clicks.

Thanks
    Stuart.

Stuart
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• How is looking through order products different from looking through contracts/contract lines?

I would add a new tab to the case form with an iframe that displays a custom report showing contract lines for that customer.  The user could identify the contract/contract line and fill them in on the case.

Alternately, you could have the case creation be done from the contract line.  Using Advanced Find, you can locate contract lines based on the customer of the contract.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:43 PM

All replies

• How is looking through order products different from looking through contracts/contract lines?

I would add a new tab to the case form with an iframe that displays a custom report showing contract lines for that customer.  The user could identify the contract/contract line and fill them in on the case.

Alternately, you could have the case creation be done from the contract line.  Using Advanced Find, you can locate contract lines based on the customer of the contract.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:43 PM
  • Thanks you make me look at this in a new way, i can male my own relationship link direct to the contract line - just need to filter this view by company and success.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Stuart
    Friday, May 29, 2009 3:44 PM