Is it possible to execute a smal application on Windows home serveur RRS feed

• Question

• All is in the title.

I would like change our nas for a windows system. I have only one purpose on WHS is that we have short specific windows application which should turn every time.

Is it possible to do this with WHS

Tank

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• Technically, it's unsupported. What you want to do requires desktop access to your server at least to set it up, and possibly afterward as well, and Microsoft doesn't intend that users should use the desktop on the server.

In reality, if you can set it up as a scheduled task, then there's unlikely to be any real problem. You will need to be careful if your application needs to do something in the shares; make sure that it's accessing them via UNC paths (//server/Public/myappdata), rather than using direct access to the file system (D:\Shares\Public\myappdata).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:31 PM
  • This Add-in may help you out.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2008/12/03/add-in-review-program-launcher/

Why is it that our children
    can't read a Bible in school,
    but they can in prison?

<Christophe85> wrote in message news:4b876707-8848-4fbf-b755-1c577f5b8b6b@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

All is in the title.

I would like change our nas for a windows system. I have only one purpose on WHS is that we have short specific windows application which should turn every time.

Is it possible to do this with WHS

Tank

BullDawg
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:52 PM