Windows Home Server 2011 Remote Web Access Remote Desktop Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if there is a way to change the settings remote desktop uses when accessing a computer remotely via the Remote Web Access website on Windows Home Server 2011? 

For example, I frequently log into my desktop at home from my work computer via the Remote Web Access website.  My work PC has 3 monitors and when I connect remotely, it spans the RDP connection across all 3 monitors by default.  I would prefer it to open in a smaller window, preferable 1024x768.  It also enables audio.  I find the lack of the ability to adjust the RDP settings extremely annoying.  This seems to be another step backward from the previous version of Home Server.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:00 PM

Answers

• It never fails. I search diligently before I post and as soon as I do post a question, I find the answer.  If you click Computers on the Remote Web Access website to see the full list, there is a Remote Desktop Options link.  It allows you to change the remote desktop settings.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:05 PM

All replies

• It never fails. I search diligently before I post and as soon as I do post a question, I find the answer.  If you click Computers on the Remote Web Access website to see the full list, there is a Remote Desktop Options link.  It allows you to change the remote desktop settings.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Thank you SO MUCH, for actually answering the question you found an answer for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:41 PM