Unable to sign into Live with OneCare ID RRS feed

• Question

• 1. The problem is that I can't remember my password that was used to register the OneCare installed.  There is only one email option to send the reset instructions to and I can't sign into Live.  I also can't remember the answer to the secret question.  My computer has OneCare installed, but I still can't login.

My OneCare subscription ends in 3 months (Mar 09) and was thinking of renewing, but can't signin. 

2. Going thru the FAQs, the announcement was that OneCare will be discontinued in June 09.  Even if I renew for a year, I will have wasted my money for 9 months.  Should I even renew, but I still want the protection?

Suggestions?

jayman801
    Monday, December 22, 2008 9:02 AM

Answers

• I can't, other than to refer you to support. Since you may not be able to validate your subscription, you will probably need to use email support as a trial user, explaining in your submission what the problem is with your liveID.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/4b93abd8-969a-41e2-a6eb-78879add8fdf
    I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, December 22, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies