Problems integrating Exchange and OCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've been trying, for the last few days, to integrate our exchange and OCS, but I'm really struggling to grasp these concepts. I was hoping you could help me clarify them...

I have a domain called domain.local (not exactly, but close enough). In this domain, I have an e2k7 sp1, and OCS, an OCS edge and a dialogic DMG 4060 mediation gateway. The OCS part is working fine with calls and everything. I'm pretty sure the dialogic passes numbers on in e.164 format, as we get them with the leading country code.

My first question is: when setting up the dial plan it asks for number of digits in the extension. Is this the whole e.164 number, or is it only the last three digits (which is the extension number we would *like* to use)?

This kind of leads to my next question, which is the numbers to associate with the auto attendant - are these in e.164 format or are these just the last three digits?

Next one is creating the location profile on OCS. I was under the impression that it would be called dialingplanname.company.local, but it's not showing up in the Exchange UM Integration Utility. I guess it's because of something funny I did in one of the previous steps, though. I'm following the steps under "Deploying Enterprise Voice" on TechNet.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers Smile

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:41 AM

Answers

• OK, managed to figure it out by myself. Turns out the plan had to be SIP to work :=)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:10 PM

All replies

• Just remembered something. My domain is company.local while my SIP domain is company.com. When I run exchucutil I get "No dial-plans found" under "Configuring UMIPGateway objects".

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:07 AM
  •  

Now, this is strange. Whenever I run exchucutil, it deletes my hunt group...Cannot find anything in event viewer about what's happening Sad
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:22 AM
  • OK, managed to figure it out by myself. Turns out the plan had to be SIP to work :=)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:10 PM