Some files do not sync from mobile -> desktop unless live mesh is restarted several times RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a pictures folder with 100+ pictures.  I took about 12 new ones today.  I ran Live Mesh Mobile.  All pictures synced except for about 5 (random and in the middle - no apparent order).  Manually syncing did not sync those files.  They showed up on my PC with the WLX extension, but never finished.  I restarted Live Mesh on my mobile.  One more picture went through.  I restarted it again.  One more picture went through.  Finally, after five restarts, all the pictures synced.  Yes, I was patient and waited for the progress bar to complete each time.  :-D  I also tried manually syncing a few times in each time Live Mesh was open my mobile.  That did not work.  I had to actually restart the client to get it to upload a new file.  Folders with less files seem to not have this problem.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That sounds like a real pain; I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through all that trouble to get those 5 pictures to sync.  If you wouldn't mind, could you please file a bug report for us?  Instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:04 PM
  • I accidently synced an unzipped program file which contained 400+ smaller files, mobile mesh coped fine but did it in batches of 100.

I had to run live mesh a few times but it did get there! Well done Mobile Mesh.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:09 PM
  • That's good that it worked for you.  in my situation, it was photos.  they were not small (at least 800K each). Also, my photos are on a storage card, if that makes a difference. 

I was able to work around this issue by creating subfolders and copying older photos into various subfolders.  it seems as long as any one folder doesn't get too large, I don't have problems syncing.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:14 PM