Office Genuine Advantage has Encountered a problem and need to close RRS feed

• Question

• Using Windows XP (OEM) and Microsoft Office Professional XP (OEM). Both genuine and I purchased themwith the computer including the disks and the disks appear to meet all of the criteria indicating they are genuine. Also purchased from a reputable dealer.

Since the latest OGA update a few days ago each time I boot my computer I get the message Office Genuine Advantage has Encountered a problem and need to close etc and I have clicked to Send the error report to Microsoft.

What do I need to do the fix the problem.

Regards, OssieMac
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 12:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/ and run the diagnostics.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 9:01 PM
  • Did as suggested. Was asked to install Genuine Advantage software which I approved. Appeared to be
    ActiveX conttols or something.
    Checked the Validation of both Windows XP and Office XP and then returned to diagnostics screen and run Diagnostics. Validation successful and Diagnostics did not return any problems. See screen results below.

Rebooted my computer and I still get the error message that Office Genuine Advantage has encountered problems and needs to close etc. I sent the message to Microsoft again.

So where to from here?

Following results of Validation of Windows and Office and the Diagnostics report.

Validation Complete!
    Thank you for completing the validation process and for using genuine Microsoft software.

By using genuine Microsoft software, you can be confident that you will have access to the latest features, security, and support, which will help to improve your productivity and expand the capabilities of your computer.

You will also have access to new innovations and offerings available only to genuine Microsoft software customers.

Validation Successful!
    Thank you for using genuine Office and participating in the Office Genuine Advantage program. Genuine customers have access to all product updates and downloads, and to support from Microsoft and its partners. With genuine Office you'll spend less time keeping your software current and more time generating professional-looking documents for home, school, or work.

When you buy genuine Office, you:

■Know that you are getting the most secure version of Office available.
    ■Have the confidence that you got what you paid for.
    ■Have access to support from Microsoft or a trusted partner.
    ■Stay better protected with the latest enhancements.
    ■Enjoy access to the latest offers exclusively reserved for genuine Microsoft software users.
    Validation does not guarantee that the copy of Office installed on this computer is properly licensed.

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results
    Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed Cookies enabled
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Passed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help: Data.dat Corruption check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Cryptography check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Product Activation check

Regards,

OssieMac

Regards, OssieMac
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 1:22 AM
  • Since my earlier post I see that at the top of this forum there is a link to a different diagnostic tool to the one that you posted in your reply. I am wondering if that is the tool you really wanted me to run and therefore I have run the one advertised at the top of this forum and got the following results. Hope this helps.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VW3P7-YHQQ6-C7RYM
    Windows Product Key Hash: ZcgwvstIxQC+DhtQDO8/GmF+gus=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2211906-00100
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {AD8DD4AA-585F-4FB1-B26F-30961610EBD7}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 100
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office XP Professional - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AD8DD4AA-585F-4FB1-B26F-30961610EBD7}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-C7RYM</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2211906-00100</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-557728558-3277439761-1653462319</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Model>TravelMate 800</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>ACER   </Manufacturer><Version>4A20</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20040302000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>AcerSystem ,AcerSystem </SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>2E963C07018400EC</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. Australia Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Acer Inc.</name><model>AcerSystem</model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>6D729C2EE55EB2C</Val><Hash>tPabWD8PTnQq2VgM8pDJfTdpEPg=</Hash><Pid>54186-OEM-1792556-62262</Pid><PidType>4</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="16" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="10" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 12DE0:Acer Incorporated|1FFD1:Acer Incorporated
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: AcerSystem ,AcerSystem

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Regards, OssieMac
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:14 AM
  • Hi OssieMac,

Would you create a (no cost) WGA Support Request at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 for this issue.

Thank you,
    Darin MS 
    Monday, August 31, 2009 5:33 PM
  • Hi Darin,
    is there an alternative to this page as, ironically enough, I need office genuine advantage to be working so I can start the diagnosis!  so i cant use that tool to find out what might be wrong, the page says it cannot display that page.
    Thanks

clare new zealand
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:14 PM
  • Hello chchred,

Please do not piggyback on older posts.

Please create your own thread, then folow these instructions:
    In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click the "Continue" button, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into your post.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:33 PM