Is it possible to collocate the group chat server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm putting together a test OCS R2 system and group chat is required. My question is, as you can see from the post title, is it possible to collocate the group chat server with any other roles?

My other servers will be Standard Edition Server, Edge Server and Mediation server.

Cheers
    Goose    
    Monday, March 16, 2009 1:01 PM

All replies

• Not recommended...

CN=anuj,CN=airan,OU=UC,DC=[msft],DC=com GlobalID == anujairan@hotmail.com - SearchEngine == www.live.com - Mobile == WindowsMobile6.1 - Drive == SkyDrive
    Monday, March 16, 2009 7:22 PM
  • More importantly, not a supported configuration.  This is not to say that it cannot be done.  We do not test this configuration, and - as Anuj cited - therefore not recommended.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:54 AM
  • Hello,

I am aware that it's not supported but really wanted to know if it is possible to collocate with another server role. I'm aware that you cannot collocate an edge server and this is enforced by the OCS installer. Is the same done with the group chate server role or is it simple "not supported".

Thanks
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:36 PM
  • I have it up and running on a std consolidated pool.  It works for the most part, but the file upload/download doesnt work since 443 is already in use for the pool.

http://chrislehr.com/labels/Group%20Chat.htm

Again, stressing this is not supported/recommended.  I just didn't want to spin up another server to play with the core functionality.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:49 PM