none
MonoGame and UWP RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have problem by building my UWP app using VS2015 SP3 and MonoGame 3.6.
    The compiler probably produce wrong code, if "Compile with .NET Native tool chain" is active.
    If I disable this feature, then all working fine.

    It happened only, if I create a final windows store package.
    The DEBUG and RELEASE builds working fine, if I deploy and start app from debugger.
    But if I create a final windows store package with active "Compile with .NET Native tool chain" and manual install,
    then by start my app showing only SplashScreen and then app be terminated.

    If I disable "Compile with .NET Native tool chain" and create a final windows store package,
    then my app working fine by manual install too.

    The x86 and x64 packages working fine.
    It's looked that problem only under ARM.

    My app using last MonoGame Framework version 3.6 .
    To reproduce problem enough to  create a default (empty) MonoGame Windows 10 Universal Project.
    Then activate "Compile with .NET Native tool chain" and create a final windows store package.
    After build, try to manual install ARM package to any windows phone.
    After start app - it show only SplashScreen and then app be terminated.
    If you disable "Compile with .NET Native tool chain" and create a final windows store package.
    Then by manual install all working fine.

    I found similar issues:
    https://github.com/aspnet/EntityFramework/issues/6253
    https://github.com/aspnet/EntityFramework/issues/6027
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43530071/how-to-fix-app-submission-error-of-1300

    but no any solutions not help to resolve this problem.

    My question is how I can resolve this problem ?

    Did somebody successful generated a submitt any monogame app to MS and successful go thru submission?

    thanks,

    PS: MS pushed all developer move to UWP, but it looked, that not all frameworks working fine with UWP and MS not can or not want to fix this problems.

    And it impossible or very difficult to debug release package on device and find and fix the problems self.

    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:05 PM

All replies

  • Hi rkusyapkulov

    Since the problem only happens when you add the monogame package, it is not in the scope of our forum. I suggest that you should ask about this question here: https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/issues

    Best Regards

    Roy 


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.


    Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hi Roy,

    but I think it's problem of .NET Native compiler ! Probably the compiler generate wrong code.

    Without compile with .NET Native tool chain" all working fine !

    And I think you should help MonoGame developers resolve this problem.

    It's impossible or very difficult to debug release package on device, and only you can investigate this problem on real device.

    Please investigate this problem and help MonoGame developers resolve this problem.

    regards, 

    Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:24 AM