Add an associated view of a child entity to a parent entity form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have successfully created an Opportunity_history object to document or record the history of an opportunity. When a new opportunity is created or an existing open opportunity is changed, a workflow is triggered that creates an instance if the opportunity_history object and populates the opportunity_history object with its parent opportunity's attributte values. The opportunity_history entity has a N:1  Parental relationship to its "Parent" opportunity.

Currently, when I open an opportunity, on the left side-bar, I can click on "quotes", "Orders" etc to see a list of the related quotes or orders using the related entity's associated view. I would like to add my Opportunity_history  to the sidebar hence adding the Opportunity_history's associated view to the Opportunity form. I have googled how to do this but all I can find is how to display an associated view in an Iframe. I would like to add the Opportunity_History associated view to the side bar under the quotes and orders associated views. Can anyone tell me how to do this or point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deene Ogden

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Deene,

If you have created relationship you should get left navigation link automatically, unless you will not set  "Do not display" option in relationship window .

to disaply it you just need to set display optoin goto relationship and check for disaply option, In the Display Option, use “Use Plural Name”) it will show associated view in iframe accordignly

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    • Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deene Ogden Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Deene,

If you have created relationship you should get left navigation link automatically, unless you will not set  "Do not display" option in relationship window .

to disaply it you just need to set display optoin goto relationship and check for disaply option, In the Display Option, use “Use Plural Name”) it will show associated view in iframe accordignly

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    • Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deene Ogden Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:55 AM
  • That was it! Thank you so much!
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:34 PM