none
Crystal Reports for .NET Framework Print Dialog Crashes RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a vs2010 win app that uses Crystal-reports 13.0 sp22 The app is deployed on a work-group of 5 computers There is a printer connected to the network visible from all PCs All PCs can print to the printer except one This one can print from all programs eg notepad, PDF but not from my app The user clicks on the viewers button to print, the print dialog shows up but when print button is clicked or layout tab is clicked the app crashes.

Checking the event viewer I get two application errors:

Application: InsuranceAgent.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
       at System.Globalization.RegionInfo..ctor(Int32)
       at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportPrintDialogCustomPanel.GetPaperSizeString(Double, Double)
       at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportPrintDialogCustomPanel.UpdateChoices()
       at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportPrintDialog.UpdateSelectedPrinterOnPanel()
       at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportPrintDialog.CrystalReportPrintPropertySheetDlgProc(IntPtr, CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.Internal.WindowsMessages, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Faulting application name: InsuranceAgent.exe, version: 2.0.6622.2791, time stamp: 0x5a876a70
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x4414ec23
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000014008
    Faulting process ID: 0x27fc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a782bfac72fc
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PNSoftware\Insurance Agent\InsuranceAgent.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 70ffc331-1923-4f03-b06e-e07935328527
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any help will be deeply appreciated

Thank you all in advance

What I have tried:

To use different settings in page setup like:
    checking No Printer (optimize for screen display) with no luck
    Tried different regional settings as well on that PC ...

Rebuild the setup project with newer CR version CRforVS_13_0_22 and 
    runtime CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_22 

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hi NIck,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.  And your issue is more related to Crystal Report, this is third-party
    API. This link about Crystal Report, please refer that: https://help.sap.com/bocr

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Cheers

Thank you for the reply
    I asked in case there was a windows or framework issue because only in one PC the problem occurs every other is OK so could be Crystal reports issue could be a OS or framework issue

Anyway happy to participate here

All the best

• Edited by NIck Pappas Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:10 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:08 AM
  • Hi

​After all the problem was solved
    ​I cannot explain why but only how !!!!!

I changed the regional settings ( the format tab )​ to English United States
    ​Any other setting does not work eg. English United Kingdom
    ​The funny thing is that on the network all other computers they have regional settings Greek and the application is working fine

​Would be great to have an explanation but at least at last it is working ...

All the best

Nikos

Thursday, February 22, 2018 1:51 PM
  • Hi

​After all the problem was solved
    ​I cannot explain why but only how !!!!!

I changed the regional settings ( the format tab )​ to English United States
    ​Any other setting does not work eg. English United Kingdom
    ​The funny thing is that on the network all other computers they have regional settings Greek and the application is working fine

​Would be great to have an explanation but at least at last it is working ...

All the best

Nikos

May be the number format. ie One uses a dot for decimal point and one uses comma.

Since its CR we cant help much. Unless you are causing it with vb code. We dont know what CR is doing.

I have also seen similar if a font does not exist on the system.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:08 PM