Major licensing confusion RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

After reading the available documents describing licensing for OCS 2007, I have no idea what I'm supposed to pay for (or even how to pay, for that matter).

I am not using any OCS features besides speech server.  Speech server is not even mentioned in the Word doc about licensing that I got from the partner site.

I don't use speech server internally.  I make outbound customer service calls based on data that I import from a variety of sources.

I think I can probably just pay the basic standard license for $699 per machine, but I'm not sure and I want to do it correctly.  I don't think I need enterprise, I don't need extra cals, and I'm pretty sure the external connector does not apply.

Can someone from Microsoft chime in here?  I think there are lots of people out there in the same situation I'm in.  We want to give you some money!  It should be easier than this.

Thanks,

EZB

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:42 PM

All replies

• You are right that it is very confusing. From what I've seen it doesnt differentiate between inbound and outbound calls. The deciding factor is "authentication" and what that means.

Is using active directory to identify your users authentication? Probably so but what if you just do a database look up based on the user's ANI?

Have you send the pricing info link on the main page of GotSpeech.Net?

Microsoft really needs to setup and explain this better.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:48 PM