product key not working for Win 2000 to XP upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to upgrade an old Dell PC to XP purchased several years ago.  I originally wanted to upgrade a Millenium notebook but found that wireless would not work so abondonded the effort and bought a new laptop with wireless built in.  When I attempted to install the XP it advised me that the product key was invalid, despite the fact that this software has never been used. 

I looked thru the FAQ's to no avail, and when I attempted to go to a site to get an answer it was not functioning.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:16 PM

Answers

• Hello 4mul8r,

Could you be more specific about what "this software" is, such as describing the materials?  (But don't post the product key.)

Have a look at www.howtotell.com to see tips on how to identify your product and tips on spotting counterfeit software.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:44 PM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hello 4mul8r,

Could you be more specific about what "this software" is, such as describing the materials?  (But don't post the product key.)

Have a look at www.howtotell.com to see tips on how to identify your product and tips on spotting counterfeit software.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:44 PM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 2:04 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:44 PM