none
Running a Batch File to install Security Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This is a long, long shot. I need to create a batch file that install 3 security certificates and adds a line into hosts. The latter is done, but the former is the problem. Installing manually, I run the file, select the certificates from the repository and advance until it is installed. One by One, meaning I have to run the same file 3 times to look for 3 different certificates into the repository.

This seems too specific for me, but maybe if it is not possible to do what I do manually, is there a way where I can execute the specific files in a sequence, silently if possible?

The reason I need this is because I'm gonna need to instruct people that are not computer savvy to enable this access, and I would like to reduce the user interaction in the process to the minimal possible.

Thanks in advance!

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, January 26, 2018 3:45 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Alan, was going through some questions without responses.

Are you still needing this? Can you use PowerShell?

I use the below PowerShell method to import certificates.

$cert = New-Object System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate2
            $cert.Import("c:\certificate\cert.cer")

You could use a foreach loop to loop through the three files and change the import to a variable.

This link has further information on working with PowerShell and Certificates.

Thanks, Tim.

Thanks, Tim. | Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. |

• Edited by Tim Haintz Friday, December 22, 2017 6:59 AM Added link
    Friday, December 22, 2017 6:56 AM