none
Windows 10 Techpreview error code: 0xc0000605

Question

• So sometime early this summer I figured out I was going to try out Windows 10 and I ended up installing the techpreview on my HP Slate 2 (came with win 7 pro which is horrible for touch). The plan was to install win 7 again at a later date to upgrade to a full version of windows 10. It's been a while since I used the device and I figured I should finally move to windows 10 on my old windows tablet as well since I already made the move on my Desktop and Laptop. I created a bootable USB drive with my win 7 image. Booted up the Slate and the next thing I know I'm met with the message:

"A component of the operating system has expired-

File: \\WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe
    Error code: 0xc0000605"

I figured it's no big deal since I'm reinstalling anyways, but here's the real problem... I can't get to the bios/bootloader anymore, which makes it very dificult to actually install win 7 at all. I have looked at HP's site and all that and as far as I know I'm doing everything correctly to get access to the bios, so I'm thinking the Win 10 recovery mode is hindering me form getting any further.

Hopefully someone is able to pinpoint my issue and help me get this working again, because it seems to be somewhat more complicated than what I have dealt with so far.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:25 AM

Answers

All replies