none
Windows 10 Techpreview error code: 0xc0000605 RRS feed

• Question

• So sometime early this summer I figured out I was going to try out Windows 10 and I ended up installing the techpreview on my HP Slate 2 (came with win 7 pro which is horrible for touch). The plan was to install win 7 again at a later date to upgrade to a full version of windows 10. It's been a while since I used the device and I figured I should finally move to windows 10 on my old windows tablet as well since I already made the move on my Desktop and Laptop. I created a bootable USB drive with my win 7 image. Booted up the Slate and the next thing I know I'm met with the message:

"A component of the operating system has expired-

File: \\WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe
    Error code: 0xc0000605"

I figured it's no big deal since I'm reinstalling anyways, but here's the real problem... I can't get to the bios/bootloader anymore, which makes it very dificult to actually install win 7 at all. I have looked at HP's site and all that and as far as I know I'm doing everything correctly to get access to the bios, so I'm thinking the Win 10 recovery mode is hindering me form getting any further.

Hopefully someone is able to pinpoint my issue and help me get this working again, because it seems to be somewhat more complicated than what I have dealt with so far.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can ask over here about Windows 7

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7?tab=Threads

but you'll most likely need to contact HP support for help with the hardware issues.

edit: this one may also help

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-tech-preview-error-code-0x0000605/205e9d87-a3b4-41c7-8139-9eedab5f3b0b

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 3:07 AM
  • I'll try contacting HP as well to see if they can give me some pointers as to what is wrong with this specific unit. That said, it all behaves a lot like it's Windows overriding any commands I give to it (pressing f10 at startup to go to bios gives the "beep" sound but it goes directly to win 10 recovery). Hopefully they will be able to give me some answers to that though.

thanks for the reply.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 3:29 AM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome. BTW are you sure it isn't - key (volume down) while power on to enter bios?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 3:53 AM
  • Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Friday, May 15, 2020 12:12 PM