Backup Not Completing - Unable to look at "Configure Backup" from console menu RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 64 bit Windows 7 Professional machine that Home Server has been successfully backed up for several months, but started failing two days ago.  When I look at the Backup Detail screen, the System partition is getting backed up, but not the two disk partitions C: and E:  If I try to look at the Configure Backup display from the System Console, the Wizard runs, but hangs and I eventually get a message "Home PC is unresponsive".

I have three other computers on this network that run fine, two are XP systems and one is a 32 bit Windows 7 Home.  I have tried turning off the anti-virus and firewall software, removed and replaced the Home Server Connect software, restarted both the server and PC, all with no effect.  The backups on this computer fail when they run from the scheduler at night and if I manually run a backup.  The backup server has 83 GB of unused space and the two disks on the PC have a total of 34.3 GB if used storage.  The Home Server has SP3 installed.  There have been no changes to the Backup Server or to the Software on the PC.

Thanks,

Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:43 PM

All replies