Message was not delivered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have a user that has the following error when other user try to start a conversation with him:

"could not be reached and this message was not delivered", this appear in the communicator.

This user is the only with this problem, this user was tested in another PC and have the same problem, we verify the user´s properties and are the same to the others.

Thanks,

Friday, April 17, 2009 12:57 PM

All replies

• Disable the user for OCS and re-enable the user again after 15 minutes
    Check again
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:51 PM
  • actually I did that yesterday, while I went to lunch, but the problem persists
    Thanks
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:55 PM
  • Was there any resolution to this issue?  I have two users with this issue? 

I actually removed the accounts from OCS, and then re-enabled them after the address book synch.  I still can't send an IM to them, but they can start a IM find.

I looked at the reource kit for help, and I didn't find anything appropiate for troubleshooting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ron
    Monday, May 18, 2009 11:17 PM
  • Well, the issue has been resolved. 

After pulling out the resource kit for OCS 2007, I enabled "EnableFileTracing" and started to view the log file.  When initiating the IM session, I saw "The application specified an invalid static forwarding url".

Based on a Google search, Mino - The UC Guy had a possible solution.  He resolved a similar issue by removing a value from the "Other" field within IP Phone

Once I removed the value in the Other field, the IM session worked correctly.  To support softphone use with our VOIP PBX, a few users had the Other field populated for a softphone extension. 

Below is the URL address for the solution.

http://theucguy.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/a-sip-request-made-by-communicator-failed-in-an-unexpected-manner-status-code-80ef01f4/

Ron
    • Proposed as answer by TrojansBaby Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:33 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:33 PM