OCS Wont Start RRS feed

• Question

• After I install the Office Communications Server, I am unable to start the "Office Communications Server" service. Upon starting the service, it immediately shuts down. When I reboot the machine, I get a message saying that one process failed to start. When I look at the events log, the OCS service actually failed to start. The error number along with it is: 3286842440.

When I search for that error number, I am unable to find anything relating to it. (Probably because it's still in beta)

Subsequent Questions:
    Am I required to install archiving, and conferencing? I didn't install those features because I didn't think I needed them from reading the description in the documentation.

Administrative Delegation:
    Is this required? I also didn't go through that process because I only need one administrator, and do not need to delegate any administrative tasks.

Thanks!
    Friday, May 11, 2007 2:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The error number indicates a problem with the database (Stored procedure '%s' can only be executed at the ad hoc level.).

What events do you get in the Event Logs?

Did you check the setup log files in the %TEMP% folder for any issues during setup?

Are you running Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition?

Thanks

Bernd

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The error number indicates a problem with the database (Stored procedure '%s' can only be executed at the ad hoc level.).

What events do you get in the Event Logs?

Did you check the setup log files in the %TEMP% folder for any issues during setup?

Are you running Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition?

Thanks

Bernd

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:42 AM
  • Are you able to answer Bern's questions?

To help with your questions:

No, you do not need to install Archiving, nor conferencing. Conferencing is installed when you install OCS, but you do not have to install the client or the add-in or configure it on the server.

No you do not need to run through Administrative Delegation.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:16 PM