update password warning from console RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS console won't stop to warn me about synchronizing the password with the server. I have both a laptop and a workstation with similar usernames and passwords to logon to Windows XP professional. On both computers the warning keeps appearing. What could be the problem here?

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:16 PM

Answers

• Thanks, but I do not experience access issues.

It doesn't even ask you for your password accessing the server shares immediately after rebooting your client?

The only thing that happens, and what my problem desribes, is that the home server client on the remote PC wants to sync the password. After sync it does not stop, it wants to sync again.
    Is your Guest account on your server enabled?
    • Marked as answer by pwolbert Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:17 AM

All replies

• The WHS console won't stop to warn me about synchronizing the password with the server. I have both a laptop and a workstation with similar usernames and passwords to logon to Windows XP professional. On both computers the warning keeps appearing. What could be the problem here?

You might start with this FAQ post:  How to fix share access issues where user name and password are requested and see if it helps.
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 6:13 PM
    The only thing that happens, and what my problem desribes, is that the home server client on the remote PC wants to sync the password. After sync it does not stop, it wants to sync again.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 11:36 AM

It doesn't even ask you for your password accessing the server shares immediately after rebooting your client?

Is your Guest account on your server enabled?
    • Marked as answer by pwolbert Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:17 AM