none
Some computers cannot connect to WHS -- all of a sudden! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Two of our computers that have Connector decided not to connect to WHS through Connector anymore! The only thing in common with those two computers is that I take them both to school and we use the software SecureW2 to connect to the network there. But I do not see any relation because both computers used to connect to the server.

One computer runs XP and the other Windows 7. The one running Windows 7 stopped working when it already had Windows XP. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Connector on both computers, nothing works.

It's a little weird, because I seem to get any notifications on my laptop regarding updates going on with WHS, (such as backups etc...) but I cannot find the home server through Remote Desktop. A feature I've always used to maintain my home server.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:17 PM

All replies

• Have you tried running C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\Discover.exe? This may allow the PCs to rediscover the server.

I doubt that the SecureW2 client is responsible for this issue - I am using it on a laptop and it hasn't caused any problems with WHS at home.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:02 AM