Communicator 2007.. "cannot invite BOB SMITH to join this conference this person took too long to respond" error when mass IMing RRS feed

• Question

•  

I use communicator to mass send IMs about server status to people.. this was not an issue with Communicator 2005..

I have a group.. with 39 people.. about 20 of them are on at a time..

If i right click the group and do an instant message.. frequently some of the ones who are "away" will not get the message..

I know this as i get the error above for those people.

I know the ones that do get the message just have it pop up, with no interaction necessary.. infact... i think i got this bounce back on a few users who were "online" and green too..

Is there a way around this or what might be causing this?

Thanks

Thursday, November 1, 2007 4:41 PM

All replies

•  

Anyone ever found a workaround to this..

basically.. this would work if i IM'd each person, one by one.. but when doing group IM'ing.. for some reason if they dont respond or perhaps if their machine is in away mode.. they dont get the IM and the originator of the IM gets the above error.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:01 PM
  • I am getting the same error with a small group of 13 participants. On my side I get this error:

Cannot invite John Doe1 to join this conference. This person took too long to respond.

Cannot invite
    John Doe2 to join this conference. This person took too long to respond.

Cannot invite
    John Doe3 to join this conference. This person took too long to respond.

On their side they get this message:

Cannot connect to the conference because it is full. Contact the conference leader for more information.

John Doe1 [10:48 AM]:

conference is full

Cannot connect to the conference because it is full. Contact the conference leader for more information.

This message was not delivered to all participants because there was a conference error:

conference is full

John Doe1 [10:48 AM]:

piece of ***!

This message was not delivered to all participants because there was a conference error:

piece of ***!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:02 PM
  • I found the answer to this here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2657346&SiteID=57

Basically you have to set the global policy setting for Maximum Meeting Size.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:47 PM