CRM 4.0 RO#4 Applied; Workflow on Dmeand yes AS Organization NO in Microsoft Dynamics CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I have CRM 4.0 on a client and installed RO#4 on CRM 4.0 hoping that it would
    correct an issue. I have created workflows, simple ones and they work as a
    on Demand but not as a system Organization condition.

Any ideas why I cannot kick these new published simple work flows in the
    butt to work. Pre-existing, before CRM 4.0 upgrade in Feb 09, work just
    fine. It is just the new ones that fail to execute on an organiszation, as
    Child or any other condition that I attempt.

Karl
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:41 AM

Answers

• I will assume the owner of the workflow is a Sys Admin user.  Tough to guess as to why a workflow is not firing that was previously firing and no changes to the workflow have been made.  Can you unpublish and then publish the workflow.  I have a fix if the workflow does not publish.

If you are able to unpublish and publish the workflow, you could try a server reboot to see if that clears the issue.  Also, recreate the exact same workflow, set it to Organization and see if the new workflow runs as expected.

If none of the above suggestions work then please post the steps you have in your workflow or better yet, post a screen shot of the entire workflow.  We'll take a look and see if we have any suggestions.  You can also check the server event viewer to see if there are any errors.  I will assume you have already checked for failed System Jobs and found none.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, June 26, 2009 6:09 PM
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:48 PM