About firewall changing privacy setting? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know why the privacy tool that I set to allow cookies on my computer keeps getting changed back to off setting? I also have to turn off pop up blocker off all the time. I want to have the choice with this option not the firewall changing it back all the time. I hope that you all will let me be in control of the option and not the firewall alway changing it back ever time. I play a online game and it keeps gettein blocked all the time because it cant find a directory or a cache location. Well with that I dont have any more to say. I would like to recieve a solution through a email or a comment about if you all can do something that will let me be in control of this option. I can be reached at mikekimey47@hotmail.com . over and out! Signed glen bell

Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:07 PM

Answers

• The One Care firewall only blocks or allows programs to access the internet. It does not change any program settings. To play certain online games you may need to enable certain ports and protocols in the firewall settings but you will have to go to the game's support site to find out which ports need to be opened.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:25 PM

All replies

• The One Care firewall only blocks or allows programs to access the internet. It does not change any program settings. To play certain online games you may need to enable certain ports and protocols in the firewall settings but you will have to go to the game's support site to find out which ports need to be opened.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:25 PM
  • The OneCare firewall doesn't make these changes, but OneCare does monitor and make changes based on security settings. For Privacy settings in IE, if you turn this to Low, it will change it to the default medium setting. And, it requires that the pop-up blocker in IE be on. You can allow pop-ups for specific sites as desired.

-steve

Monday, June 30, 2008 2:51 PM