Backup Service Not Running RRS feed

• Question

• I am on my second install and the backup service still will not start.  I have no database to fix, I have no harddrive issues.  The trial software worked but the software I purchased so far has not.  Reading the blogs and Microsoft site information suggestions have not worked.  Any new ideas?  I even checked all of the services to be sure that they were running and they were.  The backup service tries to run then closes.
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:11 PM

All replies

• I am on my second install and the backup service still will not start.  I have no database to fix, I have no harddrive issues.  The trial software worked but the software I purchased so far has not.  Reading the blogs and Microsoft site information suggestions have not worked.  Any new ideas?  I even checked all of the services to be sure that they were running and they were.  The backup service tries to run then closes.

Did you try starting the backup service from the server desktop?  If so, when it fails, is it giving you an error message?  If so, what does it say?  If you go to Services from the server desktop, are there any that have a Startup Type of Automatic but the status does not say Started?
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:25 PM