can't activate onecare RRS feed

• Question

• do i have to wait for the trial period to end before my subscription updates or what? i purchased it online about 2 weeks ago and it won't activate nor will it give me the option to login with my live id.  what gives?  i've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and still nothing. 

Saturday, September 6, 2008 12:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• See if this Microsoft Knowledge Base article helps - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943781/en-us

Saturday, September 6, 2008 4:17 AM
  • i've gone over that KB article and when i click on subscribe it does nothing.  i'll wait until the trial period is over and see what happens.   if it still won't let me do anything i'll just cancel and not use it anymore.  hopefully someone will be

able to help me out.
    Sunday, September 7, 2008 2:32 AM
  • I suggest contacting support for help with activating One Care. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, September 7, 2008 3:25 AM
  •  

so it has been 3 weeks and still nothing. i have been on the phone with tech  support for many hours, uninstalled frameworks and reinstalled frameworks, tried to run removemachine.exe and it fails.  uninstalled and reinstalled onecare and still nothing.  however when i installed it on my gf's laptop (vista) it had no problem when you clicked on the subscribe button. but when i click on subscribe in mine i get a pointer with an hourglass and then nothing.   i have taken my computer back to as many default settings as i can possibly remember,    please some one help me get this program running.      i'm running win XP pro  1.2ghz processor, 1.5gb of ram.  all windows updates, no viruses, spyware or anything.    i just don't understand why it worked on vista and not on my XP.  and i've read all the KB's they don't help.    any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 3:41 AM
  • Open the Services console in Computer Management and check that Network Location Awareness, Windows Management Instrumentation and Terminal Services are started and the startup type for each is set to automatic.

Monday, September 29, 2008 5:47 AM
  •  

i changed recommended settings to auto.  opened onecare and clicked on subscribe and nothing.   any other suggestions.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 4:52 PM