none
Certification question. RRS feed

• Question

• So I got a free course from my high school and I got 6421 Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure.

And in My Learning I have that tab and I got a question, once I finish all those courses in My Learning tab will I get a certification or something?

Saturday, April 6, 2013 4:45 PM

Answers

• No, the courses are learning materials to help you gain knowledge about the subject matter.  At the end of the course material and when you feel confident that you know the objectives you then can sit a test from Prometric to give you the certification.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Hi Marko,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on receiving a free course collection.

If you are using this training collection for general knowledge, then there is no harm in using it. However, if you are are using it to prepare for the Microsoft 70-642 exam, then be aware that this Course Collection 6421 is designed for Windows Server 2008, and has been replaced by Course Collection 6421B which is designed for Windows Server 2008 R2, which is the current focus of the 70-642 exam.

Finally, if you are using this course collection, or any other, to prepare for a Microsoft certification exam, please note that this online training should be used as a supplement to other exam preparation sources, such as books, TechNet, and hands-on experience. It is not sufficient to to help you pass an exam by itself.

Anyhow, enjoy your training collection, and happy studying.

James

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:13 AM

All replies

• No, the courses are learning materials to help you gain knowledge about the subject matter.  At the end of the course material and when you feel confident that you know the objectives you then can sit a test from Prometric to give you the certification.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Hi Marko,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on receiving a free course collection.

If you are using this training collection for general knowledge, then there is no harm in using it. However, if you are are using it to prepare for the Microsoft 70-642 exam, then be aware that this Course Collection 6421 is designed for Windows Server 2008, and has been replaced by Course Collection 6421B which is designed for Windows Server 2008 R2, which is the current focus of the 70-642 exam.

Finally, if you are using this course collection, or any other, to prepare for a Microsoft certification exam, please note that this online training should be used as a supplement to other exam preparation sources, such as books, TechNet, and hands-on experience. It is not sufficient to to help you pass an exam by itself.

Anyhow, enjoy your training collection, and happy studying.

James

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:13 AM