none
Windows not genuine???

Question

• I don't recall any changes made to my Inspiron 1525 I bought 4 years ago, but now all of a sudden, I'm getting "This copy of Windows is not genuine".  I bought this computer new with Vista installed.

I ran the diagnostics but I get an error msg when I click "Copy"; however, the validation status says "Genuine".  The "Resolve" button is grayed out.  I'm about to scream.  I don't have time for this.

I would really appreciate any help!!!

Thanks in advance!

(Not so) Peachekeen

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:33 PM

Answers

• Thanks so much for the replies.  I solved my problem somehow.  I updated Windows Security Essentials and rebooted.  No more "not genuine" messages.

Thanks again, and I hope this helps somebody else!

Peachekeen (again)

• Marked as answer by Peachekeen Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:12 PM

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post. Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:29 PM
  • "Peachekeen" wrote in message news:4bf0cf16-e0f5-4e70-9844-6f4d36f60282...

I don't recall any changes made to my Inspiron 1525 I bought 4 years ago, but now all of a sudden, I'm getting "This copy of Windows is not genuine".  I bought this computer new with Vista installed.

I ran the diagnostics but I get an error msg when I click "Copy"; however, the validation status says "Genuine".  The "Resolve" button is grayed out.  I'm about to scream.  I don't have time for this.

I would really appreciate any help!!!

Thanks in advance!

(Not so) Peachekeen

Ignore the error message when you hit the Copy button – it simply means that it cannot save the result files to the HD. The report should still copy fine to your response.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Thanks so much for the replies.  I solved my problem somehow.  I updated Windows Security Essentials and rebooted.  No more "not genuine" messages.

Peachekeen (again)

• Marked as answer by Peachekeen Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:12 PM
  • "Peachekeen" wrote in message news:8fd458e7-9bd9-416b-b789-5f627f150f0f...

Thanks so much for the replies.  I solved my problem somehow.  I updated Windows Security Essentials and rebooted.  No more "not genuine" messages.

Peachekeen (again)

That should NOT have affected the notifications – please post an MGADiag report, as it may just have hidden the problem for a day or two.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:16 PM