Cant configure Backup after a reinstall. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have now reinstalled the v2.0 Beta for the second time now.  I did the first reinstall because I was getting the error message that OneCare could not update the AV and Spyware files.  After trying several of the suggested trouble shooting suggestions I tried the reinstall as one of the suggestions.

After the first reinstall I received the message that the backup could not find the Centeral Backup device. This PC is the Central Backup device and the disk is available.  I think it is looking for the original install but that has been replaced.

How to I reset my OneCare account to forget the other installs as start from scratch?

I am running Vista Ultimate x64.  Using 2.0 Beta because the production code will not support x64.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 9:12 PM

Answers

• Will you please reconfigure the backup, by change settings->backup->configure backup. In the backup configuration, change settings->Where->change location and select the same disk. check the other backup settings and save the configuration. this will start the backup at the scheduled time. please note as this is the reinstall, its going to be full backup.

Monday, October 29, 2007 8:46 AM