Autorun.inf error when downloading both Money Plus Deluxe Sunset and Money 2005 International English QFE2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm not sure if it's just me (probably is...), but I can not get my installation to work in either download.

I have tried to follow the instructions via the command prompt area, but get an error message at the first step. I am running window 8, which I do not have a great deal of experience with. It does not like the cd in the first instruction.

I am in Australia. I do not have any previous copies or discs of Money any longer. I threw out my copy for my Windows 98 Microsoft Money version years ago.

When you've stopped banging your head on your desk and regained consciousness... haha.... can you please walk me through the fix please? I have moved both .exe files from downloads to documents, that's as far I as can seem to get.

Thank you for your time.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 4:58 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you mean by "follow the instructions via the command prompt area".  Maybe you have seen this already, but if not, the autorun.inf error is discussed at some length in this thread:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0de648f-fbcf-482f-bc3f-819cefd08aa4/extracting-money-installation-file-to-avoid-autorun-error?forum=money

INote that if you have an existing Money.mny file you will need to install the version of Money that created that file because Money Sunset cannot open a file created with International and vice-versa.

If none of this helps, post back with the steps you are doing to do the install and the text of the error messages you are receiving.

Bill Becker

Thursday, January 4, 2018 6:24 PM
  • Thank you Bill for your quick response.

Yes this is the link I was using, but I was attempting to do this in the run area and not the command prompt area..... derrrr....... sorry I am not experienced with this area.

The last step encounters an error stating it should use setup.exe not mnyinst

Do I start over using that command?

Thanks again

Pam

Friday, January 5, 2018 3:14 AM
  • I would just say no to using setup.exe and see if that works.

Bill Becker

• Proposed as answer by Bill Becker Friday, January 5, 2018 3:54 PM
    Friday, January 5, 2018 3:18 AM
  • Sorry, I tried a few more ways and when the error window asked if I wanted to close to use setup.exe I chose no and Money opened up

Thanks again for your help

Friday, January 5, 2018 3:22 AM