Encoding a string as utf-16le instead of windows-1253 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem communicating unicode chatacter above ansii 127 via strings and xml to another non MS applicaiton.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem is that .Net's 16 bit Le unicode is windows1253 or something simialry not quite utf-16le.

Is ther a way to get the strings to be encoded utf-16le before I send them across the wire? 

I'm okay with the 'ñ' type characters looking different in the string on the windows side as long as they
    are correct on the other side.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I'd like to do it to strings not byte[] or char[] becuase then I can do it in a low level library function that returns a string
    and fix it in only 1 place, instead of 30.

Thanks,

Eric-
    EricWBrown
    • Moved by Michael Sun [MSFT]Microsoft employee Wednesday, October 8, 2008 3:21 AM Off Topic for Visual C# General [loc] (Moved from Visual C# General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Friday, October 3, 2008 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Caladin,

Since you suspect the problem is related to  .Net's 16 bit Le unicode , there is a forum which I would suggest to put your question , its http://forum.pspad.com/list.php?6 .

Hpre that helps.
    Vijay Mullick Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by Vijay Mullick Monday, October 20, 2008 5:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by caladin Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vijay Mullick Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:03 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2008 5:48 AM