CRM 4 Articles / Knowledge Base RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem that I need to resolve and I was hping that someone out there could provide the information I need.  Here is a description of what I need to be able to do in CRM 4:

We do not have a connection between our website and CRM, so in order to post changes/updates to our Knowledge Base we have to be able to write out from our database a list (an Excel  spreadsheet) of Knowledge Base Items (Articles).  This is then sent to our webmaster who posts them.

We want to transfer our knowledge Base over to CRM, and we thought this would be easy to do (differences in the list of fields in our old database vs those in CRM aside) but this has not been the case.   We can enter a bunch of Articles into CRM and we can use Advanced Find to make a list of Articles and we can export a spreadsheet containing those Articles but we find that the resulting list of Articles is not complete.   Many of the Articles we enter are of the form Question and Answer or Problem and Solution (referring to the Article Templates CRM has) but the Advanced Find itself and spreadsheets we export  do not contain the Answer to the Question or the Solution to the Problem, making it pointless to post them to our webpage.

I also know how to change the list of fields displayed in an Advanced Find but none of the fields in the list provided by the Advanced Find contain the information we need.   

How can we create an Advanced Find or export a spreadsheet that has the complete Articles in it?      It is possible that I am missing something obvious here.  If I am please let me know what it is…

Chris
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:21 PM

Answers

• The article content is stored as xml in the database ( FilteredKbArticle View ). the articlexml column (attribute) is not exposed by advanced find so your only option is to create a spreadsheet from within sql management studio.  

Friday, August 22, 2008 1:51 AM