none
Search is broken and missing forums RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the forums to look for an answer, and there are two serious roadblocks:

1. The search is broken. If I search for "EntityDataSource" in the ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities forum, I get zero hits, even though I can see the word in one of the topics right on the page.

2. When I go to post a question, I have to choose the forum. First, it should default to the forum I was browsing when I clicked Ask a question. Second, I can't find the forum ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities anywhere in the forum category or subcategory.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, in which case the fault is with MS for not having an intuitive web site.

- frustrated user
    Monday, April 13, 2009 9:40 PM

All replies

• Not sure what went wrong.  Answering 2 first, select "Data Platform Development" for the category, then ".. Entity Framework.." for the forum name.  When I click "Ask a question" in that forum, it do get that forum selected as the default.  I get 408 results when searching EntityDataSource in that forum.  Meh, it's Monday.
    Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:42 AM
  • Could you give me a link to the forum you are trying to post in? There are a couple forums with similar titles.

Thanks

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:38 PM