Connector software and Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm just about to upgrade two of my PC's to Windows 7 and was wondering which flavour of Connector software I should use- the one that came on the installation disc of that's on the server.

Many thanks

Philip
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks, Ken - I didn't know you could do that, er how exactly do you? (Set to update the connector automatically I mean)

Regards

Philip

It's automatically automatic.  :)  You used to have the option of manual or automatic, but as of PP2, it's automatic only (you no longer have the option of upgrading manually).
    • Marked as answer by philip56 Monday, November 23, 2009 5:15 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi.

I'm just about to upgrade two of my PC's to Windows 7 and was wondering which flavour of Connector software I should use- the one that came on the installation disc of that's on the server.

Many thanks

Philip
    Always use the one that is on the server (that way the versions will match).
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 6:28 AM
  • Thanks for that kariya. Just one last question - does the connector get updated in the update cycle?

Regards

Philip
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:58 PM
  • It will if you set your home computers to automatically update with newer versions of the connector, when available. Otherwise you will have to update them manually by e.g. installing from http://server:55000.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 5:25 PM
  • It will if you set your home computers to automatically update with newer versions of the connector, when available. Otherwise you will have to update them manually by e.g. installing from http://server:55000.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thanks, Ken - I didn't know you could do that, er how exactly do you? (Set to update the connector automatically I mean)

Regards

Philip
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:58 PM
  • Thanks, Ken - I didn't know you could do that, er how exactly do you? (Set to update the connector automatically I mean)

Regards

Philip

It's automatically automatic.  :)  You used to have the option of manual or automatic, but as of PP2, it's automatic only (you no longer have the option of upgrading manually).
    • Marked as answer by philip56 Monday, November 23, 2009 5:15 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:50 AM
  • Thanks very much both of you.

Kind regards

Philip
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:15 PM