Remote access resets router password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone first let me say I really love my WHS...But when ever WHS sets up remote access (webpage) with UPnP it resets the password for my router and then I have to reset the router to access the setup page!

Linksys befsr 41v3 It's not a super big deal but it's kind of a pain in the butt

Thanks for your help

Gene

Saturday, February 2, 2008 10:36 PM

Answers

• So I set everything up my self...after saving the settings the password box came up and now I'm locked out again...

No matter what passwords I try...I think it maybe my router...I reset the router to factory settings and still the same...

I'll check linksys support..Thanks for the help

Gene

Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:06 PM

All replies

• What happens if you configure everything manually instead of letting WHS do it all for you via UPnP?

Andrew

Saturday, February 2, 2008 10:47 PM
  • Gonna try it later tonight...I'l report back

Thanks

Sunday, February 3, 2008 12:11 AM
  • So I set everything up my self...after saving the settings the password box came up and now I'm locked out again...

No matter what passwords I try...I think it maybe my router...I reset the router to factory settings and still the same...

I'll check linksys support..Thanks for the help

Gene

Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:06 PM
  • You might want to check for a firmware upgrade for the router.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 6:36 PM
  • This is probably an issue with UPnP - I've seen this before in older firmware where the UPnP craps out and hangs the router.  Update the firmware if possible, and worst case, turn off UPnP, set a static LAN IP on the server and do manual port forwarding.

Monday, February 4, 2008 5:32 PM
  • Got it sloved....turns out that when you set up UPnP on this Linksys router it sets up a crazy random password on it's owne. Had to search Linksys fourms to find out what the password is because they don't tell you. Let alone tell you it does this in the first place!.

So thanks everyone for your help.

Gene

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 12:42 AM
  • Good to read (hear) << makes mental note about linksys quirk.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 9:54 AM