MacMessenger 7; works via internet not via INTRAnet RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: AD 2003-1 parent sip-enabled domain, OCS 2007 R2; 2 front ends; 2 access edge; 2 communicator web access all behind hardware load balancers and running on Win2K8 x64.

I have an off-domain, MacBook Pro running OS X and Mac Messenger 7.0.2

When it's connected via internet it can login to OCS via ourAccess Edge servers just fine. 

However when its on our internal LAN the following situation applies:
    Manually Configured Settings:  When I specify the FQDN name of the internal load balanced front end servers and import the root certificate chain from AD into the
    login keychain it connects fine.
    Automatic Configuration:  Root certifiate installed.  Log in fails (Quickly, almost immediately it seems).  A wireshark capture shows DNS SRV queries as follows:
    _sipinternaltls._tcp.contoso.com  Response: SRV 0 0 5061 ocs._tcp.contoso.com
    _sip._tls.contoso.com Response: SRV 0 0 443 sip.contoso.com
    _sipinternal.tcp.contoso.com Response: No such name
    _sip._tcp.contoso.com Response: No Such name

Then there's only one A record query for ocs._tcp.contoso.com which returns the internal ip address of the FQDN of load balanced front end servers.

After that the packet capture shows no traffic from MacMessenger attempting to hit the ip address of the front end servers which seems to account for the almost instaneous log in
    failure message that appears right after I attempt to log in.

I'm a pc guy by nature and working with a Mac for the first time has proven to be quite a challenge to say the least.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
    JKuta
    • Edited by JKuta Monday, July 20, 2009 12:31 PM Add details
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:08 PM